I don't mean to brag, but Valentine's Day 2009 was one of the most memorable ever. It wasn't because we necessary did anything special, but it was just the weekend as a whole. On Friday, a dozen red roses were delivered to the house...they are absolutely GORGEOUS. They haven't opened up yet and they smell so great!
On Saturday, we decided to stay in and paint the basement living room. I have been wanting to get this done for quite some time, so I was really excited about starting. However, my happiness was quickly dashed due to the fact that it took so long to prep. I guess that basements are notorious for not being finished as nicely as the rest of the house; ours must have been one of them because it took us forever to get the walls ready and sand out all of the imperfections. By the time we were ready to paint, I was exhausted! But, we got two coats of paint on the walls and all the way up the stairwell. Unfortunately, it still needs another coat (stupid glossy paint that the people before us painted), but it looks a ton better than when we started. This is what it looked like before we started to paint.
It is not toally finished yet, but I will be sure to post pictures when the third coat gets put on and the room gets put back together.
It took all day, but we got it finished. We then headed upstairs and made our Valentine's Day dinner...filet mignon and lobster tails. It was heavenly! What a yummy dinner. I told Jeff afterward that I could eat lobster every day and never get sick of it. He replied only if we won the lottery....oh, well, I guess a girl can dream!
Anyway, what made the weekend so special is that I realized that even if we are just sitting around the house painting, there is no one I would rather spend my time with than Jeff. He is truly my best friend and soul mate...and I believe that we were made for each other. Even wearing old painting pants and a T-shirt on Valentine's Day, he thinks I am beautiful. And I love him for that...what a keeper!





0 comments:
Post a Comment