This past weekend, we got a newsletter from No More Homeless Pets in Utah talking about how the economic downturn had caused so many people to not be able to care for their pets. They were holding a food drive on Friday and Saturday at Paletti, an upscale clothing store off Highland Drive. Homeless animals are a passion for both Jeff and I, as we feel that they are so defenseless and trusting...they just want to give unconditional love. As we already have a full house with Kira and Koda, I felt that donating food was the right gesture. I went out and bought dog and cat food for the drive and Jeff and I took it to the store on Saturday morning. It was nice to see all the other people who had come in to donate and I think that the shelter fared well by the end of the drive. Hopefully, the economy will turn around soon and all the dogs and cats in shelters will be adopted by families and find lasting homes.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Helping Homeless Animals
Posted by Chrissy at 8:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment