On Tuesday morning, we got up early (at like 4:30 am) to head back to the airport. Since we were about 35 km from the airport (and it had snowed again overnight), the concierge had told us to give ourselves plenty of time to get to the airport. As we were heading out and Jeff was bringing the car up and I was checking out of the hotel, I got these pictures of the lobby. Overnight, the Ritz had assembled the largest homemade gingerbread house I had ever seen...from real gingerbread! It smelled amazing in the lobby and I am not even really fond of gingerbread.
After that, we were off to the airport and ready to come home. It was a really long day of travel (with the time difference between Ireland and the east coast, we actually woke up the night before we left east coast time) and basically traveled almost 24 hours. The flight back to New York was really nice and once we landed and had gone through customs in the U.S., we headed to the Delta Sky Club to hang out between flights. It was really nice to spend some time there just relaxing and trying to get back on to east coast time after a week of being gone.
We arrived back in Durham about 9:00 at night, where my sister was waiting to take us home. We were happy to be reunited with the dogs and even more happy to sleep in our own beds for the first time in a week. I was not excited about having to get up early the next morning to head to work, but hey, you do what you gotta do.
I know that I have said it throughout, but this was the best vacation of my life. I was so excited to see another country and spend the alone time with Jeff. Plus, I think we are hooked on traveling now. Can't wait to see where we go next.
So, so long Ireland...thank you for the memories and the incredible experience. But, don't worry, we will be back again soon. There is still so much more of Ireland to see.




0 comments:
Post a Comment