On Monday morning we woke up totally bummed that the vacation we had waited so long for was coming to an end. But, we still had a whole day in Ireland and we were not planning on letting it go to waste. We got up and headed back to Bray to do some shopping and for family and friends. I was so looking forward to getting some gifts for special people. All morning we walked around the village, shopping and having a great time. It was the warmest day by far (although still bitterly cold), so it was at least tolerable outside. We got Irish treats for the dogs (only we would bring back dog treats for Kira and Koda), something for my sister for spending her vacation in North Carolina taking care of the dogs, a really nice jacket for her for Christmas (for when she moves away to attend graduate school), a cute handmade scarf for my friend Sharon, a gorgeous horse picture for my friend Kristi's birthday, and some candy for both sets of parents. I also got a really cute European hat and a really great outfit. It was so much fun and we had a really good time. We ate lunch at a diner; I had a burger with an egg on it...interesting but surprisingly yummy!
Waterfront homes...if they were taking volunteers, I would definitely be in the front of the line!
A great picture of the coast of Ireland...even with no sun shining, it was gorgeous.
Aww, here we are with the Irish Sea behind us...I am looking all European in my cool new hat, huh?
A restaurant named after my sister...
I told you the storm was getting nasty...it looked much worse in person.
Walking back along the boardwalk to the car, I found these bird prints in the snow. They were so cute that I just had to get a picture.






















0 comments:
Post a Comment