Friday, January 13, 2012

On the Road...

One of the largest events for December was that we decided to pack up us and the dogs and head home to Florida for Christmas with the families!  It was a crazy 10 day experience (of which more will be blogged about in the coming days), but I will start it off with our trip down.  We decided to leave on Friday, December 16 after we both had gotten out of work.  With it being so late (we both left work early and got out of the house a little before 3:00 pm) and having a diabetic dog that requires insulin at regularly scheduled 12 hour intervals, we decided to stop at about the halfway point (Savannah, GA) for the night.  It was so nice to only be in the car about 5 and a half hours instead of the usually 11-12.  We got to the hotel by 8:30 pm, settled in, ate dinner, and relaxed a little before heading to bed.  With the exception of Koda having a barking/growling match with another dog in the hotel for a couple of hours, both dogs were amazing.  You can definitely tell they have traveled in their lives and spent many a night in hotel rooms.

Anyway, after checking out of the hotel in the morning and heading to the nearest gas station for a fill up (can you believe we made it down to Florida from North Carolina in my V8 car with only one stop for gas along the way?...amazing), Kira, Koda and I waited in the car as Jeff pumped gas.  I looked over and busted out laughing at this....


Umm, I am pretty sure I would NOT step inside this building to be welcomed ANYWHERE...least of all in GEORGIA!  Needless to say, we had a big, hearty laugh over it as we got started for the final leg to Florida!

More to come from our Christmas adventures in Florida in coming posts!



0 comments: