Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A new (well, new to me) car...and a nice one at that!

Our good friend Chase has been trying to get me to test drive a BMW for a while now...I am sure that him being a mechanic at the dealership has nothing to do with it at all.  Well, I finally gave in and went and drove a 335i...and I fell in love!  We found a 2008 black 335i that I just adored, but we had a lot to discuss before we could make any decisions so we decided that we would wait a week and think about it.

While we were getting the Buick detailed out the next Saturday (in case we decided to trade it in to the dealership), Jeff called and asked if the black 335i was still available.  Imagine my disappointment when the salesman said they had sold it the night before!  I was completely devastated...my car was gone.  But the salesman said that he would find me another car that I liked just as much (if not better).

And he did...he found a platinum bronze metallic 2008 335i that was completely loaded with every option imaginable in a BMW.  The car was located in Hilton Head, SC, so we had to wait a couple of days for them to drive it up, re-certify it (thanks, Chase), and detail it out. 

Of course, when it was time to pick it up, I was in Atlanta on a work trip.  So Jeff got to drive it for a couple of days until I got back.  Oh, this car is so much fun.  It has navigation, lumbar sport seating (which I equate with the car "hugging" you at the end of a long day), and comfort access, which is a feature that allows the car to know that the key is close and unlock the doors automatically.  Plus, I do not need to insert the key in the ignition...the car knows the key is close and has push button start.  So I totally just keep the keys in my purse the entire trip to work!


I absolutely love this car and can't wait to have many happy years with it.  Thanks for making me drive one, Chase...I AM cool enough to drive a BMW.  Although I may have created a monster because now Jeff is eyeing the X5's.



0 comments: