Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Stopover in Savannah

We left two days after Christmas and headed back to North Carolina.  We once again decided to stop in Savannah for the night and relax a little before getting back into the swing of things at work.  We got up early and left Florida around 6:30 am.  The drive was only about 5 and a half hours, so it really broke up the full day of driving. 

We arrived in Savannah right after lunch.  We checked into the Bed and Breakfast (one that allowed dogs; the Catherine Ward House) and then leashed the dogs up and headed out to check out the city.  Jeff and I have been to Savannah a couple of times and we just adore it; there is so much history and southern charm in this city.  However, it was totally new experiencing it with the dogs.  They were so excited to be in a new place, smelling all the new smells.

Here are some pictures that we got just walking around in the historic district of Savannah...we walked through Forsyth Park, where there were tons of people walking and jogging, many with puppies...



Here are some other neat things we saw in Savannah...


This is one happy, traveling dog...look at that face!


This sign is totally for my brother...he will get a kick out of this guys name.  Can you imagine having this name?  And if you did, would you strive to be a real estate agent?  I think not!


Although I am conveniently missing from all of these Savannah pictures, I swear I was there; I was just behind the camera the entire time.  We had a great night, capped off with a nice breakfast at the inn in the morning before we loaded up and headed back to North Carolina.

We are so glad to be within driving distance to Savannah again and can't wait to spend more time there in the future.



0 comments: