My mom, Mike and Jim got into town on Friday night. I was so glad to see them, as they had never been out the Utah before. Jeff and I had worked really hard on getting the house ready for their arrival (which is why I haven't posted anything in almost three weeks- it had been dominated with cleaning). Still, it was all worth it when they got off the plane.
On Saturday morning I had to give a lecture at Westminster College. It was great that my mom got up and went with me. I think she really enjoyed seeing her daughter in action and what I do all day at work. During one of the breaks I looked back to her and she had tears in her eyes!
When I asked what was wrong, she just hugged me and said that she was so proud of me and how smart I was. She really is the best mom ever.
After the lecture, we all went to Gardner Village and had lunch at Archibald's. The meal was delicious and then we walked around. I bought some bread at the bakery and then my brother and Mike started taking hilarious pictures with the bread...
You definitely had to be there in order to understand the context that these pictures were taken in....let's suffice it to say that it is an inside family joke. Anyway, they are pretty funny, so I just had to post them.
I love having Jim around, as he is probably the funniest person I know (although I often wonder how we are related).




0 comments:
Post a Comment