Friday, July 10, 2009

CPM Graduation

Finally, I did it...graudated from the CPM program that is! I suffered through the 36 week, 3 module management program and I have to say, I am really glad that I did it. Not only will it come in handy later on in my career (as some state governments will only hire CPM graduates), but I met some of the most incredible people and made the most amazing friends along the way! These people are truly special and I look forward to hanging out with them in the future.

Anyway, back to the graduation ceremony. I was lucky enough to have Jeff come with me, so he got to meet all the members of my group and watch me get my certificate. It was a nice ceremony, capped off by the fact that we were the 20th anniversary class to graduate from the Utah program; there were 132 of us in all (we were also the largest graduating class).

Here we are waiting to get our certificates...



They called all graduates by Department, so I was lucky enough to be the first in my group called. Here I am shaking hands with the Executive Director of the Health Department, Dr. Sundwall.


Next, it was Rod, Lesley, and Craig's turn...





We were really glad after we got our certificates!


My team, from farthest down the line are: Robbin, Debi, Pam (in the red), Rod, Craig, Lesley and me. Another team member Ming is missing...he was on a trip to New York with his wife. We missed you at the ceremony Ming!

Here is the whole team in a couple of pictures that were published in our final team project!





Here is my certificate up close...

Thanks for being the best CPM group to work with. I will miss seeing you all once a week. But, I know this is not good-bye, as we are already planning a BBQ to get together again soon! I can't wait!

0 comments: