Monday, July 20, 2009

Making old stuff new again

Last weekend, I got another crazy idea and decided that I wanted to paint the outside patio furniture...actually that is not true; I really wanted to buy another patio set, but decided to save us some money and see if we could paint our old set. I like our set, but it has been abused, especially out here with the harsh winters.


It needed a little help top bring it back to its prior glory. Anyway, we went to the store and got a couple of cans of spray paint and went to work. We also bought a really nice patio umbrella at the same time; ours has solar lights inside of it that charge during the day and light up at night. The lights give us a lot of extra light on the deck. I matched the paint color to one of the colors in the cushions for the double adirondack we have...it is a pumpkin color. We were a little afraid to start painting (especially on the woven fabric), but once we started, there was no turning back. It was so hot outside, I thought I was going to die...the only good thing about the heat was that the chairs and table dried really quickly.

Anyway, here is what the patio set looks like now.

The difference is amazing...I am always in awe of what a simple can of spray paint can do. So much less expensive than buying a new patio set. Thanks again, Jeff, for helping make all my hare-brained crazy ideas come to fruition. I love that you never doubt me and are always game for a new home improvement project.

0 comments: