It is amazing what two people can do when they put their heads together...for me and Jeff, that definitely equates to creativity!
It all started a while back, after we switched the office and the library around in our house; ever since, I have been trying to find a couple of small tables to use as end tables in our library. I have had the hardest time finding something that I like that is not over priced. Jeff came up with the idea one weekend to use a couple of wrought iron circular tables that we had out on our front porch. At first, I was not sold on the idea...but, with some creative thought, I decided to give it a try.
The tables were dark wrought iron and have been with us since we got married...they aren't bad little tables, but they have been outside for about 4 years, so they had taken a beating. Jeff just wanted to paint them and add a glass top, but of course, I had another idea.
We went to the craft store on Saturday and picked out a red spray paint for the tables (as all the accents in the room are red) and some round wood to cover with fabric. The last things I wanted to get were a couple of round glass pieces for the tops of the tables and some cool fabric to cover the wood. We went to Hobby Lobby and found exactly what we were looking for.
Then it was home to start the project. First, we spray painted the bases...they looked great in red. Next it was time to start covering the wood with fabric.


Next, we took everything upstairs and assembled the new tables. They look so great in the library...the colors of the table match the colors of the accent pillows exactly. I don't know if we could have done any better!

We also moved the furniture around so that the room looks larger...even with two new tables! Here are some pictures of the room complete with tables.

Overall, I am so happy with the way the tables turned out and, as an extra bonus, we re-used something we already had...gotta love it!
1 comments:
Love the tables. . .
Post a Comment