Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Crazy with Window Treatments

As if I didn't have enough to do last weekend with getting the house ready for Woody and Donna to come over Saturday night, I decide late on Friday night that I want to hang up curtains in the spare bedroom. Jeff looked at me like I was crazy, but we were having our realtors over on Saturday night to show them all the changes we had made to the house nad I really wanted it to look its best. On Saturday we went out and got curtains and then Jeff hung them up when we got home. So, here is what the spare bedroom looks like with curtains...


Looks great and gives the room some privacy. My sister will be the first to stay in this room with the new curtains...I hope she likes them.

You would think that would suffice me for a while (and I am sure that was what Jeff was thinking as well), but no.....I of course wanted to do more. Next, I decided to tackle our master bedroom. I have been wanting to do this for awhile now, as there are three large windows in our room that let in a lot of light, but the design made it kinda awkward and difficult . There is an overhang right above the windows, so there is not a lot of room for a curtain rod. Anyway, I still decided to give it a try. We went out and looked for curtains and decided on red ones. Now, I will preface this by saying that the room is a light green color, so why would I choose red curtains? Well, not to worry, as I always have a piece that I design all our rooms around. The piece for our bedroom is the bedspread and throw pillows...
We got red blackout curtains for the room and after they were hung up, I was ecstatic about the look of the room.

Plus, they make it so much darker at night and even reduce up to 40% of background noise. Needless to say, we have been sleeping better at night and we love our bedroom. Thanks Jeff, for always giving in to my crazy ideas.

0 comments: