How is that for a post title? Makes you want to keep on reading, huh? On Friday, we decided to get a group together and head to Saint Genevieve, which was another little town in rural Missouri. Online, Saint Genevieve looked like one of the most desired tourist attractions around...well, that couldn't have been farther from the truth! The town was cute with tons of historic charm, but it was not all that great for shopping. I tried, I really did, but all I managed to pick up was a shirt; at least it was a pretty cute shirt!
Here are some pictures Jeff took in Saint Genevieve...
It was really neat to see all of the older, historic homes...especially ones that people still live in. Once we realized that the shopping sucked, we headed to a winery, bought a couple of bottles of wine, and had a wine tasting party. It was a blast and the wine was so good, we actually bought some to take home with us (and some for Jeff's parents).
After Saint Genevieve, we headed to a large show store and shopped. If Jeff hated shopping with just me, he really hated shopping with me, my mom, and a couple of aunts and cousins. We had a blast in the shoe store and got some awesome shoes. Just seeing the look on my brother's face while he waited with Jeff was so worth it! :-)
We rushed back after shoe shopping to get ready for horseback riding at the resort. I was super excited to do this, since it had been forever since I had last been on a horse. Me, Jeff, Mom, and Mike all went; Jim was not getting on a horse "no ways" (a direct quote). Here we are meeting our horses and getting ready to ride...
This picture is of my horse, Freeman...he was the youngest of the horses, but such a sweetie. I really enjoyed my time with him, although all he wanted to do was eat the foliage the entire time we were on the trail. Too bad I needed a step ladder to help get on the saddle (I know, kinda sad).
As soon as everyone was on their horses, we were off. There were a couple of trails meandering throughout the resort, so we followed the guide and took off on our adventure! It was hard to take good pictures while galloping on a wild horse, but I did manage to get a few...
And, finally, the gorgeous sunset as we headed back exhausted and sore from our ride. It was the perfect ending to a great vacation and family reunion. My grandfather had a blast and that is what matters the most.
Until next time, McKinney family!































0 comments:
Post a Comment