After vacation and a whole crazy week of traveling for work, we flew to Minnesota for my friend Karen's wedding over the Fourth of July weekend (I know, I am now only 6 weeks behind on my blogging). Karen is a good friend from grad school (she was also the maid of honor at our wedding) and I am so happy that she found Dave and that they are finally (after what seems like forever) tying the knot. I was also really glad that Jeff and I could be there to help her celebrate this monumental, life changing event.
The wedding was in Sewell, Minnesota, so we flew in to Minneapolis and then drove about an hour (more like three with all the July Fourth traffic trying to get out of the city and to the lakes...remember that Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 lakes!) to Saint Cloud. By the time we arrived, it was time to get ready and head to the wedding.
The wedding was in a beautiful hall that was decorated with wood and just had an elegant look to it. They were having the ceremony outside and luckily the weather was just perfect for a summer wedding; I think it was in the upper 70s the majority of the short time we were there. Here are some pictures we took outside the venue as we were waiting for Karen to arrive...








And Karen definitely didn't disappoint when she made her grand entrance...she was gorgeous! I barely made it through the ceremony; I was crying like a baby! It was awesome.
At the end of the ceremony, Karen came and gave her grandmother a great big hug...it was such an amazing moment, since that was one of the reasons the wedding was held in Minnesota in the first place (both Karen and Dave live in Maryland).
After the ceremony, we headed in to the happy hour while the family finished pictures. I tried to help out where I could, but they really had everything under control. The reception was so much fun; they named each of their tables after places/vacations they had taken together, which I though was a really neat idea. Also, every time people clinked their glasses to get them to kiss, they turned it into a game. They would only kiss IF a table of guests answered a questions right about the couple. If the table answered incorrectly, then all the couples in the room had to stand up and kiss instead. It made it a ton of fun!
After the dinner and all the toasts, the dance floor opened up and the DJ started playing. It was hilarious to see people from Minnesota, Maryland and North Carolina all dancing. Here are some pictures to prove it...
First dance by the happy couple...they actually took dance lessons and the dance was beautiful!
Mother Son dance...
Father Daughter dance...
Even Karen's grandmother got some dancing in...in a wheelchair, no less! It was adorable!
Here are some other fun pictures from the night...
Can you tell that I was exhausted during the wedding? Looking back at the pictures, I can just see the sleep deprivation just oozing out of me. It was horrible to be that tired, but I was so glad that I could be there to support Karen and Dave as they begin their life together.
0 comments:
Post a Comment